In preparation I would like you to consider some eliminations. I realize some items may not be able to be removed at the moment, such as your memory foam bed or old furniture or old vacuum, but I want you to earmark them for removal in the future. Endocrine Disruptors are a huge reason we are all in the mess that we are in. Your endocrine system is responsible for your metabolism, energy levels, wake and sleep patterns, sex drive, and all the other areas of your hormones. Before we can support our health through our diet, we need to remove items that are wreaking havoc on our systems. This is a very scary list, so buckle your seat-belts! Open your eyes to the world that is possibly causing the fire in your body. You cannot put out a forest fire with a garden hose! Remove the health blocking items first! CHOOSE LIFE!
Known Endocrine Disruptors:
- Poor Diet
- Casein (dairy)
- Coffee and Caffeine
- Environmental Pollutants
- Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) from electronics
- Household Cleaners
- Personal Products
- Phytoestrogens found in soy
- Bovine Protein
- Household Dust (huge)
- Plastic Storage Containers
- Pool Toys
- Plus many many more! Simply Google “endocrine disruptors” to see more.
Hormone Altering Chemicals to Avoid from www.ewg.org
- BPA (steer clear of canned foods, PC plastics, Plastics with recycling code 7.)
- Dioxin (eat fewer animal products)
- Atrazine (eat only organic produce and filtered water)
- Phthalates (Avoid plastic containers and see below list*)
- Perchlorate (unavoidable so eat enough iodine to combat this)
- Fire Retardants (unavoidable so use a vacuum with a HEPA filter, ditch old furniture from 2005 or older, replace old carpet)
- Lead (get a good water filter)
- Arsenic (get a good water filter)
- Mercury (eat only wild-caught fish)
- Perflourinated Chemicals (PFCs) (don’t use non-stick pans, clothing that is water resistant, or furniture and carpets that have been treated to be stain resistant or water resistant.
- Organophosphate Pesticides (buy only organic produce)
- Glycol Ethers (found in many products so look for EGBE and DEGME as a listed ingredient and avoid them)
Hidden Endocrine Disruptors are found in canned soup, other food packaging, some kids toys, processed foods, nail polish, anti-perspirants, shampoos and conditioners with parabens and sulfates, body wash, toothpaste, lotions, sunscreens, shaving gel, cosmetics, plastic bottles that contain BPA, teflon pans and baking molds, bath water containing Atrazine, house dust, tampons, pads, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, fabric softeners, dishwasher detergent, mattresses, memory foam, fire retardants, air fresheners, synthetic fragrances, vinyl shower curtains, electric blankets, anti-bacterial hand soap containing triclosan, insect repellent, *phthalates found in so many things it is scary: fragrances, shampoo, air fresheners, new car smell, steering wheel, vinyl flooring, shower curtains, IV drip bags and tubes, plastic bottle with a recycling code of 3 and 7, tap water, etc.
Phew! That is a lot to consider! Make a quick list of the top 10 things you are going to get rid of in your home asap and write it down on a sticky note and post it on your computer or somewhere you will see it everyday so you can feel accountable to actually do it!
If you would like to have a SOLID plan to remove many of these toxins from your home, consider swapping out all of your cleaning supplies in your home with the Thieves line. Here is a very helpful article to help you understand the importance of removing as many endocrine disruptors as you can.
READ ARTICLE HERE.